Getting around Dubai is made easy by virtue of Dubai‘s transportation means and apps. These means include the Dubai Metro, the Dubai Tram, the Dubai Bus, the Dubai Taxi, the Dubai Monorail, the Dubai Trolley etc. This article is geared towards guiding travelers on how to get from Dubai Marina to Dubai Mall and/or Burj Khalifa; in other words, how to get to Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa from Dubai Marina. We lurch in.
First up, the distance between the Dubai Marina and Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa is about 22km. Please note that both the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa are at the same place, Downtown Dubai.
As an appendage, you could see things to do in Downtown Dubai, things to do in Downtown Dubai at night with or without the family, things to do in Downtown Dubai with kids.
How To Get to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa from Dubai Marina by The Taxi
Getting to Dubai Mall or Burj Khalifa from Dubai Marina in a taxi should be the easiest, most convenient and about the fastest means. To get a taxi, either call +971 4 208 0808 (04 2080808), 800 272242, 800 227789, 600 566000, 600 566000 and 600 543322 or get to the roadside for an available taxi passing. Once you find one, gesticulate to it and it’ll stop. Board it, and tell the driver your destination and that’s it. Note that the taxis with pink roofs are exclusive to women. A man can only enter when a woman leads the way.
Dubai Marina to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa Taxi Fare
Here’s your fare’s calculated. You pay a starting fee. And for each kilometer covered in the journey, you’re charged AED 1.82. If you pass any toll gate, you’re charged AED 4.
- Starting fee: 6:00am – 10:00pm: AED 8; 10:00pm – 6:00am: AED 9
- Charge (fare) per km: AED 1.82
- Toll gate charge (Salik): AED 4
- The transportation apps may help determine the toll gates.
Your journey in the taxi is estimated to take about 20 minutes.
How To Get to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa from Dubai Marina by The Metro & Tram
- Whether or not you’d use the tram on this journey depends on where you’re at Dubai Marina. If you’re close to Jumeirah Lakes Towers Tram Station or Dubai Marina Tram Station, you’d not need the tram’s service. Just get across to Jumeirah Lakes Towers Metro Station or DAMAC PROPERTIES Metro Station respectively. At either of these, you can board the metro. Please note that walking can take more or less 15 minutes, depending on the pedestrian.
- If you’re not close to Jumeirah Lakes Towers and Dubai Marina Tram stations and you feel like taking the tram to any of them, then it’s fine; take the tram to any of Jumeirah Lakes Towers Tram Station or Dubai Marina Tram Station and then get across to Jumeirah Lakes Towers Metro Station or DAMAC PROPERTIES Metro Station. Remember to check in and out, if you boarded the tram.
- At Jumeirah Lakes Towers Metro Station or DAMAC PROPERTIES Metro Station, board the metro headed Al Rashidiya (or the direction of Dubai International Airport). In other words, board the metro going away from UAE Exchange. Remember to check in. Make sure to board the metro within 30 minutes after checking out of the tram, if you took it. This is because it’ll be regarded as a transfer which means you’d save money. Please, read Dubai public transport transfer to understand it better.
- Alight from the metro at Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa Metro Station which is at Downtown Dubai. Remember to check out.
- Take the feeder Bus headed Dubai Mall, even if you’re going to Burj Khalifa. Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa are very close that you can see one from the other. See the featured image, for example.
Please note that since you took the metro, the feeder bus service should be free.
Your journey in the metro and tram may take about 54 minutes.
How To Get to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa from Dubai Marina by A Self-drive Car
If your car’s comfortable, this can compete with Dubai’s taxis in convenience, cost-effectiveness and speed.
To get guided, use the Dubai’s transportation apps especially such as the RTA Smart Drive and the Wojhati. They can be very felicitous. Please, use them to get you guided. Your journey in a self-drive car should take about 20 minutes, although this can easily be defied by a lot of factors.
Our goal is to get you guided and we hope we’ve helped here. To easily understand how to travel around Dubai, I strongly believe reading about the Dubai Metro, the Dubai Tram, the Dubai Bus, the Dubai Taxi, the Dubai Monorail, and the Dubai Trolley or even reading about getting around Dubai (which is more like a summary of the previous list) will be productive. Stay guided.